Big Bags also known to consumers as FIBCs (Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers) are industrial packaging for the transportation and storage of bulk products complies with international standard ISO 21898 «Packaging. Flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBCs) for non-dangerous goods», following of which is necessary for packaging manufacturers operating in European and world markets.
There is a wide variety of models, differ in loading capacity, safety factor, number of lifting loops, insertion of PE / PP liner, filling and discharge spouts, special dustproof seams etc.
The choice of Big Bag depends on the following factors:
- available equipment for pre-packing products;
- bulk weight of products;
- the way of transportation;
- available equipment for transshipment of products;
- the color of the fabric;
- fabric density;
- the existence of UV stabilization;
- the existence of lamination on the outside or inside the Big Bag;
- the existence of the filling spout;
- the existence of the discharge spout;
- inside baffles;
- lifting loops width;
- lifting loops length;
- two-sides printing up to 7 colors (4 + 3);
- a size of Big Bag;
- need to obtain UN certificate (for dangerous goods).
Big bags are used in chemical industry, mineral fertilizers, food industry, building industry, metallurgical, mining, agricultural industry and other industries.